Saturday, August 13, 2011

Friday, 08/12/11 Molly goes HOME

Friday was bittersweet for Jason, Amber and the girls. I picked up Molly around 2:30 to meet Caitlin at Sun Hill Kennels. With my three goldens in the back of the mini van in their seat belts and Molly nestled on the floor of the front passenger's side, we made the drive to Sun Hill. Nancy H and Gilly were there too for our weekly swim with the kids. We were excited to have Molly join us!

All pups and people ventured to the pool area and the boys (Sam, Max, Zeke & Gilly) took off for their usual swim. Don from Sun Hill got Molly a vest just her size to use for the adventure. So puppy in arms, I ventured into the cold water. It was cold for this old lady, too! I held Molly as I submerged into the chill. Letting her get used to the water gradually, her little front legs started going. She was swimming her little heart out. Rehab had told us the have her do figure 8's in the water, so we tried that for a very short time. We wanted this to be fun for her.

We swam a couple minutes and then out to the grass for a while. As Molly watched the boys playing and romping all around, she tried so hard to catch them. I think this was the most heart-breaking thing to see. But she didn't see to care. She bounce as close as she could before they scamper away. She's just such a happy little girl.

When our half-hour swim was up, we made the trek to our cars with five wet pups. Swapping all Molly's belongings into Caitlin's car was the beginning of her new life. I hope I can be her Dog Mother :) She's gotten into my heart very deeply in the short amount of time I've known her.

Reassuring Caitlin we have not deserted her, I asked she keep me posted on progress and made myself available should she have any questions or needs.

So, when I got home, I checked my email later that evening, I found a status report and pic! "YEAH, They are perfect together" - referring to Freya, Caitlin's dog and Molly.

Then, later that same evening it got "They haven't stopped playing all night!! I thought Molly would be tired out fro  Swimming! Guess not!"

I''m so elated this is working out for Molly. Now it's just a matter of supporting this wonderful couple for taking on the special special girl. More on that in days to come.... as well as more video and pics!

2 comments:

  1. this makes me want to cry!! molly will adapt & love every dog, person, every thing that she comes in contact with!! i'm so glad fraya loves her back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful beginning in the next chapter in Molly's life. God Bless all of you for helping this sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete